Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Laptop LCD compatibility  (Read 3723 times)

azrael

Topic Starter

Starter
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
HP Laptop LCD compatibility
« on: August 20, 2012, 10:28:49 PM »
New to the forum, so I apologize if this is the wrong section.

Is the LCD display from a 15.6" DV6000 compatible with a Compaq Presario CQ61?
"There is no escape — we pay for the violence of our ancestors."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: HP Laptop LCD compatibility
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:39:11 PM »
Good evening azrael and welcome to CH

They are not the same. The inverter and the cable are different. Each of the laptops that you have listed will have 2 or more different sub models

If you need one for the DV6000 you really want to do a search for the whole model number on the bottom of the laptop it will be something like DV6-9317CL etc and the same will hold true if the screen you want is for the CQ61 they have many sub models etc   

Sorry on the bad news, Mike
Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

azrael

Topic Starter

Starter
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: HP Laptop LCD compatibility
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
Good evening azrael and welcome to CH

They are not the same. The inverter and the cable are different. Each of the laptops that you have listed will have 2 or more different sub models

If you need one for the DV6000 you really want to do a search for the whole model number on the bottom of the laptop it will be something like DV6-9317CL etc and the same will hold true if the screen you want is for the CQ61 they have many sub models etc   

Sorry on the bad news, Mike

Thanks Mike, no need for apologies :) Thank you for the quick reply. I figured that would be the answer, but you can chalk it up to laziness on my part for not stripping them down to find out for myself  :P

Thanks again!
"There is no escape — we pay for the violence of our ancestors."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'