Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: roxio update manager issues  (Read 6215 times)

deadhedjim

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    roxio update manager issues
    « on: August 22, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
    i've had my pc for a few years it is a dell dimension proffesional editon which came with roxio creator le dell edition & has worked fine until.... recently a box keeps popping up for the update manager disc which i never had... it is a royal pain to get rid of... any help would be much appreciated.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: roxio update manager issues
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
    Good afternoon deadhedjim and welcome to CH

What version of roxio creator le do you have?
    Is this version a Dell version of roxio creator le or a OEM retail
    This there an option to shut the updater off or maybe just let it update so it will be happy and it will stop bothering you, just a thought.

Hope to hear from you soon, Mike 
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

deadhedjim

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »
      it's a dell version which came installed...

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      « Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:35:29 AM »
      Hello again deadhedjim

What is the version number of roxio the options are different from one to another. Is it version 3, 6 etc

Open roxio the should be a "about" or when it opens it may say the version number or maybe if you give me the model of your dell dimension you have maybe i can find it out.

Hope to hear from you soon, Mike 
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

deadhedjim

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
        hello Mike
         pc is a dimension e 521, roxio version #2.0.4.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
        « Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:57:50 AM »
        Good afternoon deadhedjim and welcome back

I found this it should work for you.

ALL APPLICATIONS

There are no separate user settings to limit the frequency with which Update Manager checks for updates. Currently supported Roxio software allows users to opt out of Update manager Activation. To disable Update Manager do the following:
                Launch the software
                Go to Tools --> Options --> General.
                Uncheck "Check for updates" under the "Start up" payne.
                Click OK.
            This can also be an error of the Update Manager unsuccessfully attempting to update itself. To update, remove this program using the Add/Remove Programs control panel. It will be called either "Roxio Update Manager" or "Sonic Update Manager". Then download the latest version here and install.

If you decide to permanently remove the Update Manager, it will not affect the performance of any Sonic or Roxio software currently installed on the system.

If Update Manager fails to uninstall, corruption has occurred that prevents removal. You will have to manually remove Update Manager:
                Go to My Computer --> C:\\Program Files\Sonic. If there is a folder named Update Manager, right click on it and select delete.
                Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\<--user name-->\Application Data\Sonic and delete the "Update Manager" folder.

NOTE: You may need to enable hidden files. Do this within Windows Explorer by going to Tools --> Folder Options --> View tab and select Show Hidden Files and Folders.
            If your software was bundled with hardware, here are the solutions for the most frequented bundles. Sonic software is licensed and distributed by the manufacturers that it is bundled with. While Sonic provides support for the software, the manufacturer of the bundle is in charge of any updates and replacements.
                Dell: Go to Dell's support site with your service tag number for any updates that your version of RecordNow may require.
                Sony: You can get downloads for both MyDVD and RecordNow directly from these websites. Be sure that your software has been registered and is installed on your system:
                    MyDVD
                    RecordNow
            HP/Compaq: HP and Compaq are in charge of any updates that may be required for RecordNow. Please contact them for any available updates.

Hope this helps, Mike

deadhedjim

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »
          thanks a bunch Mike, i'm GRATEFUL for all your help.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
          « Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 01:33:13 PM »
          Good afternoon deadhedjim and welcome back

You are very welcome I glad to hear that you are all set.

Mike