Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Gmail  (Read 3689 times)

Happy123

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Problem with Gmail
    « on: August 18, 2012, 09:05:40 PM »
     :( I have forgotten my gmail password and have followed gmail instructions on retrieving it. I had a link to reset the password to my other email account. Clicked on the link and it comes up with a message saying the URL has expired or is not valid anymore. I know my gmail account is still current as I used it not long ago but was permanently logged in. Now I am overseas and have to log in again and cannot use my cellphone reset option as use another phone overseas. This is a disaster as I need access to files on my gmail account. Has anybody encountered this error before and is it possibly temporarily ? Any advice would be very appreciated.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problem with Gmail
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Problem with Gmail
    « Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »
    Your account was probably locked because you tried to access it from overseas. Gmail may have seen this as a hacking attempt.

Go here:
    http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46346&topic=1669055&ctx=topic

Select "Another error or problem", then "Account Lockdown: Unusual Activity"

Then at the bottom, click the "Contact Us" link.

On the page that follows, enter the required information. Under "Describe the problem", click "Other" and say that you've been locked out and cannot access the account. Select the interface you were using (web mail, POP, IMAP, etc.). Then describe the issue in the box below that. Then submit.

See if that gets you back in.