Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Java is bugging me!  (Read 13902 times)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Java is bugging me!
    « Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »
    " Java software runs on laptops to data centers, game consoles to scientific supercomputers. There are 930 million Java Runtime Environment downloads each year and 3 billion mobile phones run Java.[20] On April 2, 2010, James Gosling resigned from Oracle.[21]"
    Source= Wikipedia. truenorth

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »
    Good evening Abbey and welcome back

You can download the whole java program from here http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/sunjava.html#.UEvsElLg2Co

Hope this helps,  Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 07:38:04 PM »
    Good evening Abbey and welcome back

You can download the whole java program from here http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/sunjava.html#.UEvsElLg2Co

Hope this helps,  Mike

That is an old version. Java is currently on Java 7 Update 7.

The latest version can be downloaded here.

fwiw the error itself is a problem with either the applet or the web page itself. You could try clearing your cache. It can also occur if you have an old version of Java installed, if the Java functionality is disabled for browsers.

One possible thing is to remove ALL versions and installations related to Java. reboot, and install Java from the above link. See if that works.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »
    Good evening BC_Programmer

I would have ask / pointed the OP to the java update for the newest one but they had tried that a few posts back and it wouldn't install and when they tried to download the newest java that was on the java web site it ended up getting corrupt.

When I have run into this issue with java not working / or updating properly I always use the one that I posted the link for and then updating java afterwards almost always works. For some reason that package works to fix java issues.

But I do agree with you that it should be done with the newest version but in situations like this it normally works with using that version and then updating it afterwards.

Sorry I should have posted why I was suggesting to use the older one first and then update it afterwards I just found out for some strange reason it works, Mike         
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
    BTW, fwiw, I'm pretty sure they are trying to run 'Runescape'. It's the only thing that turns up when searching for information in missing "client.class" files.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.