Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8 issue Desktop vanishes after a few mins loggin in  (Read 3506 times)

monk3y

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 8 issue Desktop vanishes after a few mins loggin in
    « on: September 05, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »
    So, I've looked around and could not find this issue anywhere.
    After logging in and the desktop loads im fine for about 5 mins anytime I maximize a window either a game/ or browser the desktop disappears and im met with this dark grey screen.

my browser is there, I can still access task manager by pressing ctrl alt del  but im at a grey screen and I cant get to the start or back to my desktop im forced to restart. Anyone have a idea as to what is going on?

here are my specs

windows 8
    gtx570 hd
    16gigs ram
    acer gd235hz 120hrtz monitor
    1tb Seagate hd
    Asus p6t delux v2 mobo
    I7 920 cpu
    x-fi xtream music sound card

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 8 issue Desktop vanishes after a few mins loggin in
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 03:49:31 AM »
    Good morning monk3y and welcome to CH

If i am understanding your post correctly it sounds like a corrupt / missing driver.

I check Asus's web site for drivers on your MoBo and they had drivers all the way up to Windows 7 64 bit but not Windows 8 and I also checked Intel's web site for the chipset drivers and they do not have them either.

Then I checked MS Windows 8 Compatibility for your MoBo and there is 1 person that said it worked but they were having issues with DVD driver issues.

I really do not know where you may get any drivers for your parts. Hopefully some one will be by and may have a suggestion.

Please let us know how you make out, Mike 
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?