Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't connect a second monitor  (Read 9023 times)

RamboMarino

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Can't connect a second monitor
    « on: September 06, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »
    I have an AMD Radeon HD 6700 series video card, and the AMD Catalyst software controls my displays. I have a VGA monitor plugged into the graphics card, and that is the only display that works. I have a DVI port and an HDMI port on the graphics card, as well as a mobo integrated VGA port, DVI port, and HDMI port (which I find strange). The mobo integrated VGA port doesn't work, and neither HDMI port works. I don't have a DVI monitor to test the DVI ports.
    The AMD Catalyst program won't autodetect the other displays, and I've tried to force them to be recognized, but I can't do that either. I've fooled around in the BIOS settings, but can't find anything there, either. My drivers are up to date, and windows 7 recognizes AMD Radeon HD 6700 as my display adapter. If you need any more info, tell me where to find it on my computer and I'll gladly give it to you.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't connect a second monitor
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
    Good evening RamboMarino and welcome to CH

Just in-case you do not know when a add-on video card is used all on-board video ports are disabled automatically.

So in order to use multi displays you must connect the monitors to the add-on card. This may help you http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/for-consumers/Pages/what-is-eyefinity.aspx

Hopefully this helps you, Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

RamboMarino

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »
      Hm, I just fiddled around with a the AMD Catalyst program some more, and i got a pop-up message saying that an AMD driver is not loaded on my system. I was under the impression the Catalyst program was the driver package.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
      Good evening RamboMarino and welcome back

Just go to the manufacture web site and get the drivers and software for your video card.

Some companies make a complete package (software / drivers / ccc etc)

Some make you download and install separate packages.   

Hopefully this helps, Mike
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?