Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which are the best 3 Motherboard brands compatible with Intel Ivy Bridge?  (Read 2958 times)

MSwhip

Topic Starter

Starter
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Which are the best 3 brands and in which order of preference (in terms of quality and technology lead) from all manufacturers of motherboards for these types and Models
    CPU Socket Type: LGA 1155 - LGA 2011
    Models: Z68 - Z77 and X79

Note:
    1. I am looking at motherboards with similar set of features
    2. If Intel brand motherboard is not part of your choices please tell me why they do not make your short list. (aside from potential higher cost)

Thank you

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Which are the best 3 Motherboard brands compatible with Intel Ivy Bridge?
    « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »
    Good evening MSwhip and welcome to CH

OK honestly all the chipsets that you have list here are all good.

CPU socket either 1155, 1156 or 2011 I would say if you find something you like just buy it. If you want try to future prof stay with 2011 that is the newest socket and it will be around longer.

Don't get me wrong I love Intel CPU MoBo's but you can get AMD CPU for a little less so keep that in mind. AS far as performance AMD and Intel are pretty much equal. Some Intel CPU do somethings better and some AMD do somethings better. Now days all CPU's for the most part are so fast you would be happy with almost anything. 

NO semtron CPU, AMD lower end CPU's and Intel Celeron's or single core CPU's. But that is just my opinion.

Hope this helps, Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?