Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I've been reading and trying to understand Help for system restore  (Read 3350 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

I've been reading and trying to understand Help for system restore
    « on: September 09, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »
    I've got Windows Vista and downloaded new updates.  It changed all kinds of settings on me, so I went back to restore to an earlier date, two days before update, and my computer keeps telling me System Restore had a problem and could not restore.  I've read all I can find on Computer Hope about System Restore, and since I'm not really computer savvy, I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I uninstalled the one update I am pretty sure caused the settings changes, but still cannot restore.  Do I do it in the Safe Mode?  I've tried about five different restore dates and so far I get the box that says System Restore had a problem and could not restore.  Thanks for your help.

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Re: I've been reading and trying to understand Help for system restore
      « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
      Oh, I've run a virus scan and that came out clean.  I'm using Comcast's Norton Anti-Virus, anti-spyware, anti-everything.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: I've been reading and trying to understand Help for system restore
      « Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »
      Updates don't change settings.  The problem is likely "Comcast's Norton Anti-Virus, anti-spyware, anti-everything".  NAV is bad enough Comcrap's version is worse.