Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can not start up.  (Read 2844 times)

frommetononame

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Beginner
    Can not start up.
    « on: September 16, 2012, 08:18:23 PM »
    Is it bad that I only visit when I need help?
    With that said there is some issues occurring with my laptop that I am lost on.

I am running windows 7 ultimate on a Qosmio f60 14t.
    The last thing I remember my monitors blacked out (2) and the audio in the background was still playing. I proceeded to shut down my computer and I was sucked into a seemingly endless startup repair loop.
    There has not been many new things going on with my computer except 2 points.

Firstly the updates that were released around 9/12/12
    were not installing properly. Malicious software tool downloaded and started to install only to hit 35% and quit configuring. Rollup for ActiveX Killbits downloaded but never went past 0% installing. The 3 other patches for windows 7 64 based system never downloaded. I Did not have any problems updating on my other machine.

Secondly I started using a 4gb flash drive for a speed boost.(Also on the second machine.)

I tried running a clean install, but I got a 0x80070017

This is so frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can not start up.
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:37:49 PM »
    Good evening frommetononame

Any time I have run into this it ends up being a bad install disk and or a bad usb thumb drive.
    When this has happened when I am setting up a system i have copied the files off the DVD to the hard drive and tried doing the install and have also tried doing the install off the USB drive etc but the end result with the W7 DVD media being bad I had to get it exchanged for another one.

Hope this helps, Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

frommetononame

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Can not start up.
      « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
      I might try booting the clean install from a usb.
      I would really like to know what caused my start up problems to begin with. At least that way I might know if I am running my laptop with faulty gear. Thanks for the advice though.

Update: Its expanding the files as I type. I feel Like a noob having to resort to a clean install. This laptop is my life(sad I know). I think I should take some sort of computer education to be better prepared.

Update2: Installed and ready to go... get some drivers. Thx for the help Ill see you again when my laptop burst into flames.
      « Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:47:49 PM by frommetononame »