Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot connect to wired internet  (Read 2669 times)

lindsayb

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Cannot connect to wired internet
    « on: September 09, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
    Hi all,

I have a brand new Dell laptop that cannot connect to a wired internet connection. It was working for two days previous and this morning for no apparent reason it stopped working. I have tried it with other wired connection to no avail. I troubleshooted and it came up as that my adapters were not working properly. After conversations and tests using the computerhope online chat we had established that the adapters were working fine. I checked the dell website and it said there that my recent installation of MacAfee might cause loss of connectivity. I uninstalled MacAfee but it has made no change. Can anybody help me ?
    I cannot contact Dell support until tomorrow as they are not open at weekends  >:(

Regards,

Lindsay Burns

luck of the irish

Intermediate
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Cannot connect to wired internet
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
    Hello,
     Have you tried resetting your network settings?

To Reset network Settings
    Go to command prompt, to get to command prompt go the start menu --> accessories --> command prompt

once there do the following commands pressing the enter key after each one.

ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    Restart the computer
    type into command prompt the following pressing the enter key after each one:
    netsh int ip reset reset.log
    netsh winsock reset catalog