Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Programs Disappearing  (Read 2969 times)

smbulger

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Programs Disappearing
    « on: September 14, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »
    Beginning in July with the monthly Windows patch update, I noticed that my Flash player needed to be reinstalled after every restart of my system. A tthe time, it was just the Flash player, and it was s two minute fix once a week when I restarted my computer so it was no big deal. Additionally, any new software that I installed after that time also disappeared after any reboot. Now it's a big deal.

I'm running Windows 7 on a computer less than a year old. I am the only user, and all of the permissions appear to be set to give me complete access to everything as the administrator. When I install anything, a window will pop up asking if I am giving this program permission to change my hard drive, and I always answer yes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Programs Disappearing
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »
    Could it be you are infected as programs recently installed disappears? What are these softwares you recently just put and did not appear (shortcut icons)?

smbulger

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 05:11:19 AM »
      Adobe Flash Player was the first on ethat I noticed. Then I upgraded to Adobe CS6 and  I upgraded my Firefox, and hav ethe same issues with those. I use Norton 360 for protection, but I can't get that to open up and run a scan. Everthing says that it is opeating and current, but I can't open it up.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 06:28:15 AM »
      If Norton won't run you are most likely infected...

Clik Here...   and follow the info on posting your logs in that section...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "