Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows7 booting problem  (Read 3533 times)

ineedhelp!!

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows7 booting problem
    « on: September 17, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »
    Ok, so my computer was having problems loading, and kept giving me an error screen and shutting off. I brought it to Best Buy where I bought it and they said that their warranty had expired so it would cost 200 dollars before they could fix it, but they did tell me it was a software problem. I bought the computer three months ago. I do not want to pay 200 to get it fixed. So I went on the toshiba online help website and it told me to restore the computer to factory settings. Which I have now done. Now the problem is that it is telling me there is no bootable device and that I must enter a boot disk. Please help!

Ok so I went on the Toshiba website and it said I was supposed to make recovery media first? Which I didn't? So if I order the recovery media online that should fix the problem correct?
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:04:35 PM by ineedhelp!! »

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows7 booting problem
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
    Only a 90 day warranty on a Toshiba from Best Buy?  Doesn't sound right to me.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Warranties-and-Manufacturer-Contact-Information/pcmcat204400050042.c?id=pcmcat204400050042
    Toshiba Notebooks    800-457-7777

Playya

• Experience: Guru
      Re: Windows7 booting problem
      « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 06:47:51 PM »
      I would suggest you borrow a Windows 7 disc (must be same type - Home Premium/Pro;etc 32bit or 64bit) and set bios to boot from DVD/CD drive. If you have your product key, this is the cheapest and easiest way. Choose "repair" when prompted.