Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: about internal server...  (Read 4045 times)

approach_is_positive

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    about internal server...
    « on: September 24, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »
    guys i just want to ask, what is an internal server? you see, i cant search a direct meaning of internal server, all I see is internal server error in google searches..can someone explain the meaning and the significance of internal server... or could this be a broader topic...

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: about internal server...
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:11:57 AM »
    I too have only dealt with "Internal Server Error" messages before myself. But depending on its use "Internal Server" can be many meanings depending on how a programmer wanted to use that statement for an error alert on whatever program they wrote. If it was more defined such as Internal Server Error in regards to a specific application you might get better results. Such as Apache Internal Server Error. Which is where I have seen this before myself working with Apache servers.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
    You're grouping the words incorrectly.  It's not an error in an "internal server".  It's an internal error in a server.  Typically you'll see that if a web server has been misconfigured or has been sent a request it doesn't know how to handle.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

TechnoGeek

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 02:23:07 PM »
    You're grouping the words incorrectly.  It's not an error in an "internal server".  It's an internal error in a server.  Typically you'll see that if a web server has been misconfigured or has been sent a request it doesn't know how to handle.

Basically, the user has little or no control over the error; It is up to the website owner to fix the problem.
    @approach_is_positive: are the '500 Internal Server Error' messages from google.com or the websites you're trying to get to?

approach_is_positive

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:36 PM »
      actually i'm just asking what's an "internal server"

TechnoGeek

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 10:34:40 PM »
      actually i'm just asking what's an "internal server"
      That's not what the message is about, and there isn't any such thing that's relevant to your actual question.