Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: From where should i start if i want to learn about computers?  (Read 2673 times)

RPGfreak

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    From where should i start if i want to learn about computers?
    « on: September 26, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »
    I currently have like 20 "howstuffworks" tabs opened in my browser about computing, and im still confused as *censored*. Where i begin from? BIOS? How to use windows? Motherboard? Shall i read about busses?

If you want to learn guitar, you learn the position, then how to place the hands, and then some basic chrods, then a couple techniques and you start playing songs. Its a clear hierarchy of routines and habits that are learned in a linear fashion, where at the end you can play a song.

So where is the heirarchy at learning how to work with your computer? Do you begin from the ROM or RAM? From motherboard or BIOS? Do you even start with hardware at all?

I am at a complete and utter loss at how to manage my computing learning routine.

P.S: New here :P

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: From where should i start if i want to learn about computers?
    « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »
    First, welcome to the forum :)

Second, let's start with an easy question. What is it you are trying to learn about? In other words, what is your motivation for learning about computers and what specific expertise do you wish / hope to attain?

RPGfreak

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
      I just bought a new soundcard, and i want to record music on cubase 5 LE. I want to know how sound driver and recording software works in windows vista.

From where should i start?

reddevilggg

Expert

11 cheers for binary !

RPGfreak

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:21:11 AM »
        Ive tried those and none of the tutorials tells you how to set up your soundcard or setup cubase, or work with computer drivers.