Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Very strange motherboard issues..  (Read 2629 times)

Zhirae

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Very strange motherboard issues..
    « on: October 03, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
    Well, we ordered new parts.. I'll get into specifics. 
    We ordered two ASUS M4A88T-V EVO motherboards.
    Two FX AMD Processors, 4-Core 4.2 GHZ, 12 MB Total Cache.  Socket AM3+
    Two 8GB DDR3 -1600 CL9 240 - Pin DIMM Kits.

We've pieced together both of the and neither of them would boot up..  so we assumed the power supplies were too weak for all the new parts.  Soo we upgraded to a 700 watt power supply to try out one.  Same issue.

The lights come on, fans run, power seems to run through it, on both occasions with the older and newer power supply, but nothing happens with the display.. It's just blank and the monitor lights do not react as they normally do when receiving information during an initial boot. 

There is currently no hard drive connected, we'd honestly just like to see bios.  We've tried one RAM, no RAM, slot one and slot three RAM, we've tried removing the video card and using the on board connectors for the display.. not a thing. 

We feel the chances of having a bad board are slim considering we ordered two of them with the same issue.  I hope it's just me doing something wrong.. if anyone has any input, please tell!  We ordered our parts from NewEgg.

Also, we've tried numerous monitors.. while they are all the same, they work on our old system, which I am using right now to make this topic. :)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Very strange motherboard issues..
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »
    That motherboard is AM3, NOT AM3+ which is required for FX CPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131827&Tpk=ASUS%20M4A88T-V%20EVO

wrong CPU and wrong RAM - or - correct CPU & RAM, BUT wrong motherboard!  :-\

Not sure what neweggs policy is for returns of open boxed items that are not defective but incorrect parts.

Zhirae

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Very strange motherboard issues..
      « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
      Oh nooo..  That's no good.  Darnit..

Thank you for clarifying that, really.