Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My internet cuts out every time my brother downloads >:(  (Read 2661 times)

Alittlehelp

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    My internet cuts out every time my brother downloads >:(
    « on: October 05, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »
    So I share an internet with my family; but to be honest it is only really me and my two brothers that use it...Up untill about 2 years ago I always used to be connected to the internet modem by lead/wire. And it was great no internet disconnection or anything! :D But then I decided I wanted to take my PC up stairs and so got a wireless stick. But then came the problems...When either one of my brothers decided they was going to download my internet stopped working...But both of my other brothers internets worked.
    So brother 1 downloads, brother 2 still playing his pc great, and my pc internet connect 0! It said my connection was perfect all bars green the best it can be but my internet cuts out untill he stop his download  ???

Anyway I fault it may be my wireless stick since it was a old one so I went out and invested in a £60.00 one...The best one I could find. This stick is supposed to have a range where I can sit in my loft or back garden and still play games download etc...But then once again still the same thing...

After 2 years of this and looking up on the internet with no one else seeming to have this problem I have just given up and hoped that you guys would have an answer, has anyone else came across such a thing? Me and my brothers love games and they are always downloading knew ones...I just am fed up with being in the middle of a game and BANG! You're game has been disconnected because of your download mad hungry brother, why wont you just let me slap you in the face  :-X

Be so greatful for anyone who can shead a bit of light on the problem, once again this seems to only happen to me and no one else... :-\

This info may help

My PC is a DELL
    Windows Vista (Home Premium)
    Memory(RAM) 3.00GB
    System type 32-bit Operating System
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz

My internet is also fiber optic (BT) (Best availableto me)
    And my wireless stick is a NETGEAR: N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (High Performance)