Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SystemRestore will only show one restore point & that's deleted on reboot  (Read 4190 times)

Bozo77

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Ever since I install Windows 7 Ultimate, I have not been able to retain any resore points. On initial boot-up I get an automatic resore point established but if I reboot, it disappears! Same if I manually set one. I've tried about every solution I can think of and nothing works. Any fresh ideas would be welcomed.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    You know, I'm just not a fan of System Restore. When it works it's great, but there are just too many times it fails just when you need it most. I stopped using system restore years ago and started using disc imaging software on a regular basis. For my money it's the best possible backup solution an it's essentially foolproof. You might want to look into it.

Bozo77

Topic Starter

Starter

Hi Allan...I agree with you and I do use an image backup software to backup my info to an external drive.  It just bugs me that I can't figure out why System Restore won't work on this machine.  I have an identical computer that I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a couple of weeks after this one and it works fine!  Go figure!  I would just like to figure this problem out and fix it if possible.  Thanks for the quick come back.
      Ed

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      The only thing I can think of is that there may not be enough space allotted to system restore. But when all is said and done, if this is the only problem with your system I really wouldn't worry about it.

Bozo77

Topic Starter

Starter

I've got 5% allotted on a 1G hard drive, I think that's more than enough.  You're right about not worrying about it but it's those little nit-picky things that bug me.  I'll keep plugging away at it though.