Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to Reinstall driver for HP Deskjet 3653 printer - help?  (Read 2447 times)

AlienBZ

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Trying to Reinstall driver for HP Deskjet 3653 printer - help?
    « on: October 14, 2012, 08:23:41 PM »
    The other day I was at a friend's house trying to fix her printer (HP deskjet 3653) her PC has XP Home (32-bit). Beyond this I don't know rest of its hardware specs (maybe have to run PC Wizard on it next time I see friend), but when doing the driver reinstall (after having uninstalled the old instance of this same driver prior to doing the reinstall) the driver installer starts out good enough but when the "searching for new hardware" dialogue box comes up (with the "connect your printer" message) and I plug in both the power and the printer's USB cables onto the rear of the printer (after having ran the installer a couple of times already with both of these cables disconnected from the printer) nothing happens, I keep waiting for the installer to detect the printer but it seems like it does nothing but hangs (this "searching for new hardware" dialogue remains - no change).

What do I do to make the installer detect the printer?

I got this driver from the link below.
    [url]http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=360482&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=304534&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228/url]

Thanks in advance.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Trying to Reinstall driver for HP Deskjet 3653 printer - help?
    « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »
    The driver support for XP is found here and HP troubleshooting printer in XP.