Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: where is this sound coming from  (Read 2011 times)

Gill

where is this sound coming from
« on: October 03, 2005, 12:45:36 AM »
Hi
I somehow have got a a most annoying peice of music that starts up remdomly, and is most annoying. I have no idea where it can from, but more importantly, dont know how to get rid of it. It only lasts a matter of seconds, but is annoying. also the kids downloaded a new desc top and eversince then we have had sound when the screens change. please tell me in simple terms how i can remove both of these. I would love to listern to my music without Billy Joel piping in with "in the midlle of the night" ! I run XP

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: where is this sound coming from
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 01:02:34 AM »
     Gill....... Kids......lol ........ Ok , click on start/control panel/Display ......now display properties should appear ...........click on the "Theme" tab and tell us what it is set at .   Then click on the "Desktop" tab .......you can change the background image here by selecting whatever  you want from the list or use your own.
    The other thing you could check is go into control panel ...click on add/remove programs and see if theres anything there that you dont recognize .

let us know

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 01:03:22 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

gill

Re: where is this sound coming from
    « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 08:08:06 AM »
    Ah-ha think I might have done it. not changed the desktop through the theme tab before. hopefully it will work, thanks if i get any more probs i will be beck !!!!!!!!!!!