Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't open e mails  (Read 3650 times)

indiadream

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

can't open e mails
    « on: October 27, 2012, 08:25:06 PM »

Hi everybody,
    My wife can't open her e mails on her Compaq laptop. It has Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8. She can get to the inbox but when she clicks on an email nothing happens except a notice of an error on the page. There is also a strange colored horizontal line across the chosen selection instead of the usual ink color. On the advice of a website offering suggestions,I installed Firefox and the e mails work fine with that. And the problem only happens on her computer,not mine or any other. So it only happens with one computer and Internet Explorer 8. I have tried several virus and malware scans and they show no problem. Any ideas about this problem would be appreciated. thanks. Charles

ninjatex

Beginner

• Call The Ninja
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: can't open e mails
    « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »
    What does the error say? If it works in Firefox, I'd say use that instead. It has a much better security record that internet explorer.
    Senior Technician at Call The Ninja Computer Repair
    Serving Eugene, OR
    http://www.calltheninja.com

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 04:06:48 AM »

......or try Internet Explorer 9.
    11 cheers for binary !

indiadream

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »
      Thanks for the replies. The error message is the same every time. "error occured on page". I tried installing Internet Explorer 9. still the same problem. I also did the Internet Explorer reset. I havn't tried "restore advanced settings" Is that included under the IE reset? Thanks again

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced