Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CSLID? deleted some registry...  (Read 2660 times)

Bridget Lindsey

CSLID? deleted some registry...
« on: October 03, 2005, 05:33:44 PM »
OK.  so i got a virus & i deleted half of it (it was pretty weak) through the registry on my computer, which doesn't have registry mechanic like the one downstairs does.
unfortunately, i deleted an extra thing (IDIOT, i know).  CSLID or something?  anyways...now, my computer starts up, but you know the windows loading screen, the blue one before it loads & shows the user accounts?  it doesn't get past that at all.
i even tried to log into my windows account from the computer downstairs through some connection my dad has, but it also shows the same blue sn.  this is REALLY bugging me, because i figure i might be able to restore the registry back to the date that i want (it says somewhere on here that i can do it) but it won't even show the user accounts...sometimes it doesn't even load past that, it doesn't even show the red Shut Down button.  HELP!

-bridget

Bridget Lindsey

Re: CSLID? deleted some registry...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 05:36:06 PM »
(ps) this is NOT because of the virus...this is because of my own stupidity & me deleting something from the registry, which i'm guessing was as vital as COMMAND, haha.  the thing is is that when i deleted it, i was still using the computer after that, it was just running really slow (i still hadn't gotten the rest of the virus), but then i couldn't open anything or tinker with anything, other than use mozilla or something.  so *censored*? :-/ :'( :-[

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 05:49:21 PM »
Hold down the f8 key on boot and chose last good from the on-screen list......using the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate ........>

travis mark

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 06:35:36 PM »
well now youve done it !!!
messing around in the registry .... you were your own best virus !
you now need to reinstall your operating system to get all the files back that you have deleted .

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 09:46:38 PM »
Can't be fixed outside of a format and reinstall. Do learn from this mistake.

:o :o :o :o :o :o