Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims 3 and Intel Graphics Accelerator i5core???  (Read 3132 times)

Renee

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Sims 3 and Intel Graphics Accelerator i5core???
    « on: November 09, 2012, 06:53:15 AM »
    Hi there,

I have purchased a new HP Elitebook with a Intel Graphics Accelerator i5Core video card. I installed the sims 3 on it and it ran smoothly up to a point when the screen went black a few times and the game crashed!  ??? I got a note saying that: Display driver Intel Graphics accelerator Drivers for Windows XP(R) stopped responding and successfully recovered. But still the game keep crashing with the same msg and black screen till it reach a blue screen saying the game crashed. All my system requirements are correct. I have Windows 7 32bit... They said the game would run well on it!

Can someone help me??? I've set everygraphic detail to low and it still crashes even with 800x600 :-[

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Sims 3 and Intel Graphics Accelerator i5core???
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:15:48 AM »
    I'd download and run Speedfan and look at your GPU temp. I am willing to bet that the videogame is roasting your GPU a common problem with laptops/netbooks and video games. The GPU overheats and leads to crashes, black screen, pixelation, etc