Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lifecam vx-3000 won't install  (Read 7382 times)

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    lifecam vx-3000 won't install
    « on: November 12, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
    I installed lifecam suite 3.2 from website today and then plugged in my webcam (lifecam vx-3000) and it will not find the correct driver.

It looks for a driver still even though I just installed it.

I have included my dxdiag info attached to this post.

How can I install this webcam?

I even tried pointing the unknown hardware device to the folder of the driver and it said it could not find one.

MS products work even worse on their own operating systems :)

Help is needed thanks.

- ok I just installed one part of the driver  from "add from driver list" > Imaging Devices > Microsoft > then the model "vx-3000" and there is two versions (both of which seem to be out of date) the first one works for the usb camera unknown device and the first nor the second one work for the unknown device (the second unknown device that is still on the list (im guessing possibly an additional device that is attached to the webcam like the webcam button.. I have no idea but either way this webcam still doesnt work and I still have not fully installed it.

*** lastly when I choose any of the two drivers on the add from list (the ones with the dates that installed the first device.. I get a blue screen when trying to install them for the second device that again is somehow part of the webcam.

Please ask me to re-state anything if you can not understand it. Thanks.

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:50:03 PM by getgcs »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: lifecam vx-3000 won't install
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:29:44 AM »
    What OS?

Looks like MS Server OS 2003 or 2008 etc?

I ran into driver issues with a security webcam a logitech on a server 2003 system in which I had it mounted to look out from our 42U server cage through the mesh screen hole in the door of the 42U cage and see who was going into server room unauthorized. I ended up having to place a laptop running XP Pro into the 42U cage and run the webcam off of this OS instead. The good thing is that the problem was solved when the cleaning person got fired. Someone gave them a master key to the entire building and they should have only had access to offices etc. They were snooping around and stealing stuff. Small things started disappearing from server room and peoples offices. Problem was solved and laptop and webcam removed. But memory remained of issues with Server OS and Webcam device drivers.

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
      Hey so the OS is windows 7 64 bit build 6001 and updates are not an issue. Its cloned to a different hard drive which is yes somewhat relevant to the problem but im not sure why. (HAL drivers were specified in order to clone the drive to a different drive.) Also I use this same OS (or Backup) for other computers I own. No other driver conflicts have happened within 3 years of having this OS.

When I specify a driver from add from list like in the picture I attached, it installs the same driver again (I think). This fixes the issue with other drivers I have with other machines.

The driver from list method works for the first device but not for the second of the two.. as shown in the picture.

Thanks  :-\

DaveLembke

Sage
      « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »
      Its cloned to a different hard drive which is yes somewhat relevant to the problem but im not sure why.

So you have 2 drives for the same computer, both the same build, one of which is a clone of the original build, and one of the drives has an issue and the other doesnt?

So one drive has an issue with this device and driver and the other is happy so its corruption and not a hardware or driver issue that you need fixed since both the device and driver on hand play well with the OS when the OS doesnt have corruption, so you need to correct for the coruption so that the driver will behave?

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »
        no not different drives I should have said simply that this is a cloned OS sorry. Different computers in the past have used this OS with no problems with my webcam. I own these computers.

The problem is on my main computer with 1 hard drive. Possible driver corruption I suppose and I did uninstall and re-install the webcam software from the microsoft site over and over.

I wonder if there is a registry key that is not being deleted but lastly and most importantly this problem also arised awhile ago with my previous webcam which was an HD one.. same OS

I have no problems at least that persist with this machine, (hardware or software) other than this webcam driver.

Thanks
        « Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:48:29 PM by getgcs »

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 05:56:11 AM »
        If it's a cloned OS then the clone image carries the drivers from the PC that was cloned...not neccessarily the one it's installed to...
        Start by re-installing all drivers...MBoard Chipset drivers go 1st...then re-boot...then all others.
        Reason is many devices rely on the chipset drivers being correct...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 09:46:39 AM »
          Makes sense I will try that and then re-post if it fixes it. Thanks. If the chipset drivers were somewhat incorrect then wouldn't I be getting warning flags in the device manager with the CPU, and other chipset devices and controllers? This is usually what happens no?

It is crazy to me that Microsoft still after all these years have not developed a better system than the vague event log viewer. Tell us why something happens not in code or reference but right in the log. Oh and computer problem solutions from the action center are elementary and are barely helpful (at least with any substantial problem).

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 08:17:44 AM »
          If MS was efficient at what they do we wouldn't be here...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
          « Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 09:57:17 PM »
          If MS was efficient at what they do we wouldn't be here...

CH needs to add a [ LIKE ] button for statements like this...LOL  ;D