Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printer canon pixma mp250 not printing  (Read 5611 times)

Rezan

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Certifications: List
  • Experience: Experienced
printer canon pixma mp250 not printing
« on: November 13, 2012, 02:22:05 AM »
hi,

i have a printer canon pixma mp250, its not printing ,when i try to print a msg is coming that it has error , contact ur provider.
and with an icon of ink that shows ink is full (its only icon)
but when i open the cover to check the catdrige the ink catdriges are not placing to center, it will not move from the right hand side so i cant replace the inks , only by hand i can move the catdriges to the center then replace them ,but still its not printing.
any solution? even i reinstalled the printer driver,but useless.. is it hardware or software problem?

thnx

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: printer canon pixma mp250 not printing
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 02:55:48 AM »
Have you printed a lot with this printer? I have heard of a bunch of inkjet printers with internal counters that keep track of how many pages printed and when you hit the magic number the printers brick themselves.

A russian hacker stumbled upon this and was in a movie called "Planned Obsolescence". The hacker found a way to reset the inkjet back to 0 and continue to print. When they made contact with the manufacturers as to why they disable the printer after so many prints, their answer was that the catch pan when the print heads are homed off to the side has a piece of sponge like material and it was determined that after so many pages printed this compartment fills with ink and the printer should be disposed of and replaced with a newer model. They claimed they didnt want to be liable for ink overflowing from this waste compartment so they predetermined the life of the printer in page count, and so when the count is reached a similar message to that of your error is shown. When you bring this printer to the provider they refer you to a new printer and claim it can not be serviced.

I had an Epson C60 Inkjet that had this counter and I got bit by the error and throwing mine away. It wasn't until years later that a Techie Friend in Canada suggested I watch " Planned Obsolescence" on youtube that I realized mine had the same issue and I could have fixed my Epson with the Russian Hackers Print count reset tool.

Your problem might not be this, but it sure sounds like it could be, so I am sharing it here. I'd look for a counter reset for that model printer and see if that fixes it. Then inspect the waste compartment to see if you have a bunch of ink that is ready to breach the storage compartment and make a mess. Worst I have ever seen with an inkjet was a stalagmite of dry ink almost up to the ink cartridges location in the cradle from when the printer performed all the many print head cleanings throughout its life in which it purges (wastes) ink to clean itself.