Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Complete meltdown after factory reset  (Read 4412 times)

Rlyons521

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Complete meltdown after factory reset
    « on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »
    I have an Acer aspire Windows 7 x64 that was giving me issues so I did a factory reset on it. I've done this before with no problems on this very computer, but during this last time everything seemed to have gone horribly wrong. Everything is running extremely slow and when trying to use an Internet browser it freezes before loading every page but usually load eventually even if it says that it's not responding. Other things won't load and I have no idea what the problem is. When I go on to Firefox which is my primary browser, I get an error saying that the script cannot be read. The error reads as such:
    Chrome://saff/content/saffplg.js.524

I don't know what other information I can give you, this was just such a great computer before and I would really appreciate it if someone can help me get it back in order. Thank you!

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Complete meltdown after factory reset
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:07:23 PM »
    Welcome Rlyons521 to Computerhope. :)

Please specify some issues you were referring prior to now. Does the problem occurs only in Chrome or on all browsers?

Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here

. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.
    . When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt
       Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
    . In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
    . Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    . On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Rlyons521

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:01:22 AM »
      I went to go download the security check, but tons of warnings from my antivirus program popped up saying that is contained viruses or spyware.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:05:55 AM »
      You may want to list what protection apps you currently have...and you may very well be already infected again...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Rlyons521

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 07:14:33 AM »
        I have Macfee Total Protection. I haven't done anything on this computer besides asking for help as to why everything is all messed up after my factory reset. I had to do the reset multiple times because the 1st time the wireless card wasn't reinstalled and my computer was saying it needed to be plugged in directly to the router.  There is one thing I noticed that was different this time around with the factory reset than the time I did it a few months ago. After installing it came to the Acer screen and said it needed to download about 68 updates and when ever it completed the updates it would always get stuck on that screen. I could press the windows button on the keyboard and the toolbar would show up and I could press on an icon to open an application, but if the mouse left the button it would go back to the Acer screen.  I would shut down the computer through the windows button and it would restart like normal.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »
        SecurityCheck and Speccy are safe programs to run. How are things running?

jchunk

Rookie
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 04:06:36 AM »
          have you tried running your browser in safe mode. all your addons will be disabled and makes troubleshooting easier. Browser up to date? Set your browser configuration back to default? Start simple my friend
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong!"