Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Word 2007 Copy & Paste  (Read 4114 times)

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Microsoft Word 2007 Copy & Paste
« on: November 15, 2012, 06:58:40 AM »
Nice simple one here. I've recently noticed that whenever I copy a piece of text from an internet source Word decides that it should automatically reformat the text to match the previously typed text. This sounds all well and good but it aligns the previous text to the newly inserted text even if I am only copying a single word.

So for example: If I have a paragraph of text in black size 10 Arial and I paste in a word from a title of a webpage that happens to be blue size 24 Calibri Word will helpfully change the entire paragraph to be blue size 24 Calibri.

As you can imagine although funny at first it soon gets tedious. How do I stop word doing this?

P.S. No one say "download open office", because that would just be making life too easy.  :P

Salmon Trout

Re: Microsoft Word 2007 Copy & Paste
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »
Edit - Paste Special - Unformatted Text

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »
I don't have an edit tab or button :(

Or any other pasting options that I can find for that matter. What idiot decided to ruin the office intercafe?

*interface (I had to leave that error in lol)

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 04:19:21 PM »
Weird my copy of MS Word does not have any other options other than: 'Paste', 'Paste special' & 'Paste as hyperlink'.

Finally worked out that you meant the pasting options that pop up after you paste something, which I can't see and forgot about because I disabled it... Oops. I want word to always ignore source formatting though as I have yet to encounter an situation when I want to keep the source format.

I accidently found the pasting options under: circle button/word options/advanced. So Problem solved.

*Edit: Thanks for the help btw, I wouldn't have found the option had I not been confused by the advise and trying to find the "About" button to make sure I was stating the correct version.

(P.S. Where has the spell check option gone for this forum?)

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »
$

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 12:34:06 PM »
I accidently found the pasting options under: circle button/word options/advanced. So Problem solved.
I don't believe that's what Salmon Trout meant in reply #1 where he said, "Edit - Paste Special - Unformatted Text".  Also, the "Edit - Paste Special - Unformatted Text" sequence would apply Word 2003, which has the older Office menu but not to Word 2007.  In Word 2007, Paste Special is an option on the Home tab of the ribbon; you need to click the lower part of the Paste button on the Home tab and then you'll see the Paste Special option.