Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sticky slide bar (?)  (Read 2775 times)

henell

Topic Starter

Beginner

sticky slide bar (?)
    « on: November 17, 2012, 06:51:46 AM »
    Perhaps some help may be forthcoming.
    Status .........Numpty :D
    Suddenly machine does not want to highlight objects, and the slide bars at edge and bottom of pages are very sticky and when selected will sometimes not move.
    I have tried a System Restore. No Dice.
    Happens both in Fireefox and I E.
    Win 7 Home premium. 64 bit, SP1.

I have done a quick CC check with no bad results. Also full Malwarebytes check also yesterday. No problem
    Any suggestions gratefully received, with the proviso........I am an octogenarian with
    basic knowledge only and still learning.
    Thanks people.
    H

truenorth

Guru

Re: sticky slide bar (?)
      « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »
      Try downloading/install browser Opera and see if the problem is there also. If you have not installed the most current versions of I.E./Firefox you could try that also.truenorth

henell

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »
        Thank you for your reply.
        I had a brain snap, dug out an old mouse and hey presto (fingers crossed) the problem appears to be solved.  (Although the old mouse has no scrolling wheel and I keep reaching for something that isnt there. :D)
        Thanks again.
        H

henell

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 04:58:17 AM »
          It may be of use to someone.
          I dismantled the offending scrolling optical mouse. I dont know if it had any bearing, but I found a hair in line with the optic window. Removed it, put it back together and hy presto. It may have only been co incidence, but it worked. :D :D

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 05:46:47 AM »
            Used to be a required part of mouse maintenance to remove the ball and clean the area--it was amazing the crud that could accrue,truenorth
            P.S. While obviously not required to solve your issue i reiterate give Opera a try. It has many nice features.