Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard drive partitions not found on bootup.  (Read 3570 times)

Dko

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Expert
    Hard drive partitions not found on bootup.
    « on: November 20, 2012, 02:11:52 AM »
    CPU: i7-2600k
    RAM: 8 GB
    Video:GeForce GTX 580
    Hard drive: 1 TB (Divided into 5 partitions)

Recently I be leave I was attacked by a virus.  But I'm not sure how to undo it's handiwork. 
    I noticed a few hours after my computer suddenly restarted that two of my listed drives where not showing in Explorer and could not open any program I had installed in the one would not install, as well as any associated icons being set to the default one.
    While checking with Disk Management showed the space was not formatted. 
    But as I found out, certain programs would recognize they where still there (such as a partition management program I downloaded to help repair the problems which it found none) and that if I clicked More Actions->Rescan Disks, they suddenly show up fine (Icons are still messed up though). Though if I restart they are gone again.
    It's like Windows 7 has been told not to scan for them at boot.

Does anyone have any hints as to how I can resolve this problem?  And feel free to ask about any info I might of neglected to tell.

Also I have run a virus scan as of late and killed the ones it found. But there could always be ones it missed.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Hard drive partitions not found on bootup.
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 05:45:09 AM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html