Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GADGETBOX!! MALWARE!! PLEASE HELP!!  (Read 3577 times)

alicia27

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    GADGETBOX!! MALWARE!! PLEASE HELP!!
    « on: November 26, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
    Hi, I can't even place when I remember first seeing gadget box take place of usual search engine google. I used google chrome and normally when I would type in the address bar something I wanted to google it would take me right to google search for that. Recently it has switched to something called gadgetbox. Then chrome stopped working for me and was very slow so I switched back to firefox, which also google was my default search engine, but somehow gadgetbox had took over. I did some research and found it is a malware virus of some sort. I have an active Norton security installed however it never picks up gadgetbox as a threat. I have tried countless things I have found online but nothing has seemed to work in ridding this from my laptop. I just want it gone! I would appreciate any help I can get before I end up completely wiping my laptop clean and starting from scratch which I really don't want to do. I have too many files, music, ect that I don't want to lose. Please any help. Thank you so much!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: GADGETBOX!! MALWARE!! PLEASE HELP!!
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html