Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Slow loading of programs  (Read 7420 times)

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Slow loading of programs
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
All in One optimiser apps such as that are nothing but smoke and mirrors...and in many cases actually hinder system performance...

There isn't one of them out there i would recommend at all.

Patio is absolutely right about this. I'd listen to him.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »

Programs take even longer when I shut down laptop and start it than when I hibernate it and start it! In addition internet explorer for example takes about 2 seconds to load when i hibernate and start it but up to 10 seconds when i shut down it and boot up. ANy ideas?
I don't see any problem here or any from your Speccy report other than having no antivirus installed. We have the same laptop specs. and in my observation of my booting up time which is 40 to 50 secs. or up to a minute in which windows has fully load (icons on desktop and system tray, internet connection established), loading any browser is almost instant as in 2 to 3 seconds. Even if your laptop boots to a fast 20 seconds and then you clicked the browser icon, Windows would still prioritize other startup programs or Windows processes before it goes to your request(I hope the long time experts here would chime on this issue ;D). Check first how long Windows boots up fully, then try to click on your browser to check on the difference. Have you tried also other browsers? It could also be some addons/plugins that could delay your browser loading time. Sleep and Hibernate have different advantages, functions that could also be beneficial to laptop users.

jchunk

Rookie
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 04:09:32 AM »
    sysinternals process exsplorer will shed tons of light on process trees memory ussage, threads, etc. This problem souds like it could be anything so a good tool to get insight would be great.
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong!"