Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: router to play station2 won't connect  (Read 2916 times)

robert gray

router to play station2 won't connect
« on: October 04, 2005, 09:35:49 PM »
i have a main pc hooked up to roadrunner cable and using win xp. have a linksys router wrt54g connected to modem and modem to pc. second pc has pci adapter wmp54g card and is connected wireless to the internet with no problem. my son has a play station 2 in his room and is running a cable from the router to his game, wanting to play games on the internet but can't connect. anyone have any solutions?

GX1_Man

Re: router to play station2 won't connect
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:50:27 PM »
cable ----- .router----> PC
                         \
                          \_____> XBox  (wired or wireless)

Try this
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 09:51:33 PM by GX1_Man »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 04:58:50 PM »
Gray:

Your PC and PS2 must have the same default gateway, the same subnet mask, and an IP address that begins with the same numbers but ends in different numbers  before they can talk to one another.

To check the default gateway, IP address, and subnet mask of your PC and PS2, do this:

1. Click Start > Run
2. In the run box, type CMD and press the Enter key
3. In the CMD window, type IPCONFIG /ALL and press the Enter key.
4. Write down the IP address and the subnet mask (they will each be four sets of three numbers separated by periods)
5. Let us know what these are
6. Find out the default gateway, IP address and subnet mask on the PS2 (check the PS2 manual to see how to check this)
7. Write them down and let us know what they are

We will tell you what to do next.

Best regards,
Doc
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 05:10:25 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Re: router to play statio

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 07:48:42 PM »
i have done that already with a technician on the phone i put the ip and the subnet mask in the ps2 already..the same error occurs

Re: router to play statio

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 07:49:39 PM »
i have done that already with a technician on the phone i put the ip and the subnet mask in the ps2 already..the same error occurs

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 08:01:06 PM »
Gray:

If you are *sure* the IP address and subnet mask and default gateway is correct for each, then try disabling any firewall.

For example, if you have Windows XP, disable the Windows firewall by opening the firewall applet in the Control Panel.

Doc