Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Media Player has disappeared  (Read 3424 times)

pishi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Windows 7 Media Player has disappeared
    « on: November 28, 2012, 05:19:52 AM »
    Hi, I have a msi cx620 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. Recently, for some unknown reasons (perhaps after an update of Windows), the Windows Media Player disappeared both from the Taskbar and All Programs. So, I can't play any video or music clips anymore. I would appreciate any help as how to get the Media Player back or reinstall it.

TechnoGeek

Re: Windows 7 Media Player has disappeared
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:34:04 AM »
    Open the start menu and type 'features'. Click turn windows features on and off. There should be a category 'Media Features' in the list that appears. Expand that, and check Media Center and click OK. If it was already checked, uncheck it and click OK, then go back, check it again and click OK.

If it still doesn't show up after this, does opening Start -> Run -> "%programfiles%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" start windows media player? If that starts it, you're just missing the shortcuts.

pishi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Windows 7 Media Player has disappeared
      « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:54:22 AM »
      Thank you very much TechnoGeek for your advice. I tried both solutions. Neither worked. After applying the first solution, WMP showed up in the "All Programs" and its folder in the C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player which was empty before is now populated with a number of folders and files. However, when I click WMP in the All Programs nothing happens. Double clicking an audio or video file also yields no result.

pishi :-[