Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: suddenly unable to use any "rewards"shopping sites...i.e. discover, upromise, et  (Read 3680 times)

jentaylor728

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

hello,

a few months ago. i suddenly became unable to access other :shopping" websites thru other browser windows....i.e.  shopping thru Chase Total Rewards and Discover to obtain rebates.
    I emailed both places several times..they were no help.

I do not have any pop-up blocker turned on..and have briefly turned off the firewall to test..still doesnt work....when i click on a link. a new browser window opens up and it jusst says that it cant display the page.

my operating system is windows xp

thanks so much!  any help/suggestions would b greatly appreciated !!

Jennifer

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    What browser? And have you tried installing Firefox browser vs Internet Explorer and give that a try?

Guessing you have run all system updates from www.microsoft.com so you are running SP3 and all latest updates?

Have you tried running Malwarebytes on this computer which is free to use for personal use to verify that you are not infected with malware? (For the fact that you are not being redirected to another site etc, I believe you may just have a browser issue. And installing Firefox might fix this.)