Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hpdx16-1140us/nb129ua Monitor Issues (497937-001/samsung ltn160at02)  (Read 3091 times)

frnchlfty

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Hello,

I have the above named machine with a dim screen, when an external monitor (em) is attached the em will only work if the laptop screen is completely detached or attached and open no more than about 20%. I have replaced the inverter which didn't correct the dim screen issue. i researched the external monitor issue and i got the impression that the magnet on the top right of the power board was involved in the em display issue and i replaced the power board, that did not correct the problem. I am leaning towards replacing the screen or replacing the backlight. However something tells me this will not correct the problem with using an em.  Any input is appreciated.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: hpdx16-1140us/nb129ua Monitor Issues (497937-001/samsung ltn160at02)
    « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:08:52 AM »
    Have you tried adjusting brightness control on laptop. Most use a Fn + another key to increase or decrease brightness. Reason why I ask this is because I have seen customers come to me with laptops that appear to be a dim backlight and in the end its just that somehow the brightness control got set to the minimum.

Also confused on the 20% you are talking about,
    will only work if the laptop screen is completely detached or attached and open no more than about 20%.

If you are suggesting that it is correctly lit until the laptops display is hinged away from the keyboard by about 20% at which point it gets dim, you are probably dealing with a ribbon cable issue between the display itself and your motherboard.