Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: networkin win xp to win 2000 pcs  (Read 4974 times)

jarak

networkin win xp to win 2000 pcs
« on: October 05, 2005, 07:34:04 AM »
Hi,

I have two win 2000 pcs networked via a hub, the hub is connected to a router and the router is connected to a DSL modem. The network works perfectly.

Recently, I added a pc runnung win xp  to the network.
I had it working on my network for a day, but but when I came home from work, I couldn't get it to work any more. When I click on the icon in my Computer Near You on my win 2000 machine, it gave my the message "the pc is accessable, path was not found".

I think it must be some thing I didn't do correctly on the Win xp pc since I don't know XP too well.

Can someone help me?

Richard

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: networkin win xp to win 2000 pcs
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 07:47:51 AM »
First did you set them up on a network? A network enables you to see all the computers and be able to acess them.

If you set the network allready can you see the computers?

If yes, try double clicking and opening them if you get a not accessable or denied it is either

1. Firewall issue
2. Connection issue and open up netowrk connections open the main connection Local Area Netowrk and hit properties on XP see what things you have install and hit the install button to see what services or protocoll
you need

If no then that means the network was not set up properly. Try reinstalling the network on the laptop using setting up home network. Make sure you have them set up on the same network and have printer shareing and file sharing enable. Try to enable some file sharing on computers and see will it help