Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: what are symbols, logos on USB drive  (Read 4110 times)

flyhigh@night

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    what are symbols, logos on USB drive
    « on: December 23, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »
    Hey everyone, I'm having a diffcult time finding the meaning of these logos and symbols. I was only able to find FCC and CE..
    These logos are all found on the back of a Sandisk USB drive.

help me find what the others are for:

- check sign and RoHS (shown in image)
    - rectangular object with X across it (shown in image) (also see this on phone adapters)

not shown in image: (I tried my best to describe)
    - solid white circle with black check mark in middle and very small circles in that circle (the small circles may be diffcult to see if not under good lighting)
    - C with the endpoint of the arrow at the midpoint of the C, tip of arrow where the opening is

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

flyhigh@night

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: what are symbols, logos on USB drive
      « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »
      Also,
      solid white circle with black check mark in middle and very small circles in that circle (the small circles may be diffcult to see if not under good lighting)
      There actually may NOT be tiny circles, I'm not sure.

There's one more logo, it almost appears to be a corner of a NASCAR track if that makes any sense. A white curve, a longer white curve above the preceding, and a shorter curve above that curve, only this one just has a white outline.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 06:43:49 PM »
      The image with the X indicates not to just throw it in the trash...recycling probably...
      RoHS is an E/U regulation regarding electronic substances and their potential enviornmental harm...
      Cant speak to the last ones you mentioned as i don't see them in the Pic...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

flyhigh@night

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
        If you cannot get yours hands on a USB, I was able to find a pic with all of the logos in question here:
        http://www.misco.co.uk/Product/Q272490/SanDisk-Cruzer-Blade-8GB-USB-Flash-Drive?affiliate=BC14092012MUK&cm_mmc=Lyris-_-BC-_-BC14092012MUK-_-Q272490

The symbol similar to a NASCAR track is in the bottom right corner. I would prefer to know the names of the symbols or webpages so I have a way to read up on anything more speific.