Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Should I upgrade to a HDD or an SSD for recording purposes?  (Read 30961 times)

Leon.J

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Should I upgrade to a HDD or an SSD for recording purposes?
    « on: December 28, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »
    Lately I have decided to upgrade my storage device in order to record videos more smoothly and plus I need more space, currently the write speed of my HDD is 50 mb/s, the reason for this is because I custom built my PC app. a year ago and when it came to purchasing a Hard Drive the floods caused prices to rise, so instead I bought a used 250gb mac 3'5 drive, this has caused the start-up speed of my PC to be considerably slow and my recording fps to also be laggy and slow. So now I have decided to upgrade my drive for a better, newer one, but the question I have been asking myself is which type is better for recording at a high fps, HDD or SSD. I know SSDs how a higher write speed but have lower storage space for the price, so if I were to buy a 1tb HDD, would the fps of my recording be just as high as an SSD and which is better for the job? Also the budget I am on is roughly up to £110
    « Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:04:13 PM by Leon.J »

Leon.J

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Just clarifying
      « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »
      I am recording for gaming purposes, so the fps needs to be pretty high.