Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SB PCI 128 MIDI port  (Read 2184 times)

Keltar

SB PCI 128 MIDI port
« on: October 05, 2005, 02:20:43 PM »
My brother recently gave me his Roland PC-70 keyboard. For some odd reason I can't find anything on Roland's website about it... I'll assume it's just too old or something.

Anyways, I figured I'd hook up an old computer in my room with all the old parts I had laying around. I put in the Soundblaster PCI 128 sound card, which has a MIDI port so I can plug the keyboard into it.

Everything works fine, I installed a fresh copy of WinXP, and normal sound works fine. Heck, I can even play normal MIDI files.

The problem is, the keyboard isn't making any sound at all. It *is* plugged, and has power. So I'm wondering, what's going wrong here? Is there anything I should install from soundblaster? I haven't been able to find info on it other than installing some drivers which hasn't done anything.

Thanks for your time!

merlin_2

Re: SB PCI 128 MIDI port
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 03:07:58 PM »
if the keyboard is plugged into the pc...............the pc has overidden the keyboard sound.

Keltar

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 03:13:09 PM »
So what should I do?

Keltar

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 03:14:43 PM »
if the keyboard is plugged into the pc...............the pc has overidden the keyboard sound.

So what should I do then?

Keltar

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 03:55:25 PM »
I might want to add that the keyboard only has one output plug, and it's a MIDI plug. Hence why I'd want to use the computer...