Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hijacked web browser  (Read 3914 times)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Hijacked web browser
    « on: January 02, 2013, 08:00:54 PM »
    Hello and welcome to 2013. I hope you had a great Christmas and New Years celebration. :) :) :)
    What a way to start the year.
    My browser has recently been hijacked by an unknown search (system), browser instruction, I don't know what?

Anyway, every time, (well not every time), I do a search now, this comes up (http://searchab.com/?aff=7&uid=e0867b3e-356b ) I wont put the whole thing in for safety reasons, I don't want anyone else to catch a cold from it. Hmm maybe if I put it in two different pieces.. (356b-11e2-8359-000cf1d2125f&q=officeworks)

I looked for it in all the places I know of (which is pretty limited) so that I could delete it but I can't find it anywhere.

Ive done the usual scan with SAS and Malwarebytes, which only found a couple of potentials but that didnt get rid of it (yet).

Can someone give me a bit of insight of how to rid the computer of this annoyance please?
    Thank you ImnoGuru. :D
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Hijacked web browser
      « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
      Have you tried this route?  Malicious Software Removal Tool, available for free at the Windows website.truenorth

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
      • The wonders of modern technology.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »
        Thanks truenorth. All Malicious software removal tools have a place on my computer/s. I'll run that today and see what happens. It might even pick up something I don't know about.  :)

Cheers ImnoGuru.
        It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:05:06 PM »