Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Just bought Torchlight 1 & 2 for a fraction of the cost thru Steam  (Read 4461 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Figured I'd mention this in case anyone else wants to get in on this deal. I just picked up Torchlight II for 50% off and a 2nd copy of Torchlight 1 for 75% off. Torchlight II was like $9.95 which is normally $20 and Torchlight 1 which is usually around $15 was only $3.75 through a Happy New Year Runic Games offer through Steam which started around 2pm Eastern Standard Time on Jan. 2nd and expires 24 hrs later on Jan 3rd. I heard about this offer on Facebook since I have Runic games liked so I get updates on stuff they are doing contests and promotions etc.

If you like dungeon grinders like Diablo 1, 2, 3, and other similar games, this game is lots of fun. Torchlight 1 is only solo play, but Torchlight 2 is both solo play and cooperative multiplayer online.

Looking forward to getting out of work and diving into Torchlight 2 for a few hours. Interested in seeing how the multiplayer functionality is of the game. Torchlight 1 was a great game, but bashed for its lack of multiplayer. I played the free trial of Torchlight 2 which allows you to play it up until you reach Act II which is a pretty good amount of content before you cant progress further.

Plus these 2 games were created by some of the programmers who worked on the original Diablo 1 and 2 project so if you have played those 2 titles you feel right at home with the controls and features. The only complaint I have heard about Torchlight 1 and 2 is that the graphics are slightly cartoonish, but the vibrant special effects and fun gameplay outweigh this small character and landscape graphic detraction.

This is not an advertisement btw, just wanted to share this with others who might want to save some money on this game.