Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No sound from speakers  (Read 3121 times)

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

No sound from speakers
    « on: December 31, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
    I bought a computer from one of the IT guys where I work that I put Windows 7 Home Premium on .I can't get my speakers to work. The speakers work on my laptop.  The mother board is an Austek P5N 32E-SLi. The sound card is a Creative SBX-Fi. All of the drivers are updated. I even bought a USB sound device. My speakers will not work with it either .I went into the control panel and designated the speakers on the sound card as the default device. Does anyone have any suggestions on to get my speakers to work?

truenorth

Guru

Re: No sound from speakers
      « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »
      Were you able to get sound before you installed win 7? Any yellow asterisks in device manager?truenorth
      P.S. Check out this site to see if you have done the required items.
      http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/no-sound-after-installing-windows-7/5c009b51-2cc7-4c8d-b2b7-855aa830ee7b

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »
      Was the sound card you mention an add-on card in an expansion slot?  Do the motherboard also have built-in sound?

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:34:00 AM »
        I didn't have sound before because I had to put a new hard drive in. There are no yellow asterisks in device manager. There is two sound cards. One is built into the motherboard and the other is in an expansion slot. I will check out the site true north suggested.

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »
        Have you tried using the speakers on the built-in sound controller, or "card"?  You may need to access BIOS settings and disable the built-in, i.e. onboard, sound in order for your Creative SBX-Fi card to work.

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »
          The built in sound card doesn't work either. So I bought another card and the sound works now. Thanks for all of the advice,