Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Wireless Network Not Working  (Read 2558 times)

Gate001

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Playstation Network ID: Gate001
    Computer Wireless Network Not Working
    « on: January 05, 2013, 09:24:51 AM »
    I have a Acer Aspire 5515 Laptop computer and its operating system is Windows Vista. The wireless network adapter does not seem to be recognized with the computer anymore. It was initially, when I first bought the computer, but now when I unplug the ethernet cable the internet goes off and doesn't recognize any wireless networks. When I run diagnostics it says that it needs to install the driver, but i went into device manager and the wireless network adapter is not in there. So I am at a loss on what to do. We tried to run Malwarebytes and AVG to see if it was infected with a virus, but it only found two adware issues. We have updated the computer as far as it will let us in Windows update. There is nothing left we can do. If somebody has an answer to this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer Wireless Network Not Working
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »
    DLoad and re-install all the drivers from Acer's site...
    MBoard chipset drivers go 1st.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Gate001

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Playstation Network ID: Gate001
      Re: Computer Wireless Network Not Working
      « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »
      We tried re-installing the wireless network driver but it's not recognizing the wireless network hardware. I tried Acer website and typed in my device and it only has around 5 drivers for download that aren't useful.