Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Index Office Outlook 15 emails.  (Read 3945 times)

thezanny

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Index Office Outlook 15 emails.
    « on: January 07, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »
    Google Desktop search doesn't index the outlook 15 emails.
    Any programs that index the outlook 2013 emails and allow faster email search?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Index Office Outlook 15 emails.
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:26:17 PM »
    Your post doesn't make much sense.  You have a total of 15 emails in Outlook?  You're going to have to explain your scenario in more detail.

TechnoGeek

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:33:02 PM »
    Your post doesn't make much sense.  You have a total of 15 emails in Outlook?  You're going to have to explain your scenario in more detail.
    I'm guessing that because office 2010 was office 14, office 2013 is office 15.

Google Desktop search doesn't index the outlook 15 emails.
    Any programs that index the outlook 2013 emails and allow faster email search?
    Isn't Google Desktop discontinued? Regardless, is outlook's built-in search not sufficient for you? I'm pretty sure that windows search (included in windows 7, downloadable for XP) can index and search outlook emails.

thezanny

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:15:42 AM »
      Google Desktop is discontinued.
      The inbuilt search isn't fast enough. I'm talking about searching from about 12000 emails. Back with the Google desktop, it took only seconds to find the right email since it indexed all content too. But since Google Index doesn't catch up or detect Outlook 15 / 2013, I'm in a mess.

I've tried Copernick Desktop search but it didn't detect Office 15 neither.

TechnoGeek

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:37 PM »
      Google Desktop is discontinued.
      The inbuilt search isn't fast enough. I'm talking about searching from about 12000 emails. Back with the Google desktop, it took only seconds to find the right email since it indexed all content too. But since Google Index doesn't catch up or detect Outlook 15 / 2013, I'm in a mess.

I've tried Copernick Desktop search but it didn't detect Office 15 neither.

Given how new office 2013 is, it might be a while before Copernic desktop has support for it. I doubt Google Desktop ever will. Have you tried Windows Search at all?

Another choice might be to tell outlook to use compatibility with older file formats (if there even is such an option, i don't know what options outlook 2013 has)