Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue Yeti Microphone Not Working  (Read 10594 times)

Burkus

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Blue Yeti Microphone Not Working
    « on: December 28, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
    Hi there,
    I recently purchased a Blue Yeti microphone and it worked straight out of the box the first day. However, the second time I tried it the following day it would not record any sound. All I can get from it is a hiss.

The microphone's mute button isn't pressed, the gain control on the microphone is up, the headphone feedback loop volume control is up, the microphone isn't muted in the Windows Vista sound settings, the levels are up, audacity picks up no sound, the power LED on the mic is on, I've swapped the cable with another shorter one (suggested a lot), I've tried different USB ports. I'm not really sure what else could be causing it, all I can hear is a hiss which I heard before it stopped working.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Thanks
    Ronan

schuarta

Beginner
    • My pal Sharky
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Blue Yeti Microphone Not Working
      « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:36:08 PM »
      I'm using the same mic with no trouble.  First plug in a headset or ear buds into the mic, while the mike is connected to the computer.  Audio Yes - problem likely in the computer.  Audio No - problem likely in the mic.  Remember that the pc "control panel" has audio source selection, and the Audicity Software also has audio source selection.  If it worked, and then stopped working, without you making any audio source settup changes in your computer via your keyboard, then it could be infant mortality of the mic.  Before returning, try plugging into a friends computer.