Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer boots but no power to monitor, mouse and keyboard  (Read 4019 times)

mortix

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Computer boots but no power to monitor, mouse and keyboard
    « on: January 10, 2013, 01:20:14 AM »
    As of exactly a week ago, I bought a brand new HDD and reinstalled everything from zero. I used the back-up disks to go back to factory settings. This morning my mother turned on the computer and what she said is that the computer started normally up to the log in screen, only that there were no users, but a message saying that there is something that needs to be installed, and that the PC will restart automatically. When I woke up, the PC was turned off. When I tried to turn it on, the lights would go on as usual. All fans work properly, only that the monitor says "No signal", and the mouse and keyboard have no power. I tried taking out the RAM, and yes, there is the beep from the motherboard. I tried changing the monitor, same result.
    I have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-410f, if that helps.

mortix

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Computer boots but no power to monitor, mouse and keyboard
      « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:24 AM »
      In the meantime, before the PC wouldnt boot, I connected a bad HDD from a friend to see if we could save his files, but the PC could not boot, after I connected his (together with my HDD with the operational system). and i didnt try booting up the pc since, so this is like a prelude to what happened to my mother.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Computer boots but no power to monitor, mouse and keyboard
      « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:32:44 AM »
      Does it boot to safemode ? ?
      Did you re-install all the drivers from the driver CD ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "