Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Compaq presario v2000 xp drivers  (Read 8618 times)

wagpofafi

Topic Starter

Beginner

Compaq presario v2000 xp drivers
    « on: January 10, 2013, 07:09:49 PM »
    cant install th sound drivers and video drivers for this laptop, when im trying to install the drivers for video it gives an error, "INF error Video driver not found" and "Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup." but the driver i used to install is the one given on the site.
    for the sound driver. after installation process. it prompts that the installation of conexant audio driver failed. i also tried to install the automatic software detection from the hp web site but the installation always fails.
    please help me. i cannot install windows 7 since the laptop is running with low specification, and using window7 will just make it to slow when used

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Compaq presario v2000 xp drivers
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:50:54 AM »
    Where did you get these drivers from ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

wagpofafi

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »
      the video is working now,but the sound is still not working, when i go to control panel,the sound icon is still dimmed, got my drivers from the hp support website.

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
        • Programming Blog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:42:54 PM »
      You could try extracting the archive or exe for the sound drivers and then find the actual folder that the inf and sys files reside in. Then go to device manager and right-click the sound and click update driver, then browse for the folder that you extracted where the inf files are located.
      YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe