Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My machine is acting up again. I have two different issues:  (Read 4798 times)

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • Long in the tooth, shy between the ears
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
My machine is acting up again. I have two different issues:
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:45:49 PM »
My machine is acting up again.   I have two different issues:
1.   Whenever I try to use Internet explorer it frequently freezes up for several seconds.  It will not respond to any of the mouse clicks on web sites.   However it will respond to mouse clicks pertaining to other operations, like closing a tab or "Cntrl-alt-delete" or I can start an  "on board" game or app.    But when I go back to the browser it starts its little game of freezing up again.   It also does it while using other browsers but mostly on Internet Explorer...
2.   Every time I boot up I get messages telling me that I have beaucoup errors from one or many of these sources.     PC Optimizer,   Regservo,  and/or Smart PC Cleaner        Are any of these any good??   I know they  want me to purchase teh product but I am gun shy of all of them.

Can any one help me out with one or both of these issues??  Thank you for reading this,   
You are much appreciated..     Thank you ,

truenorth

Guru

Re: My machine is acting up again. I have two different issues:
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »
    Related to your #2 issue i would remove (add/remove programs) all 3. You can do them one at a time (start with the regcservo one) and continue until all three are gone and note if improvement occurs. If there is one or more of them you feel you cannot be without then provided it wasn't a factor in your issue you can download it again (they are all free software programs i believe). Others may differ but not one of the 3 you mentioned i believe are of any value and in fact could be running things on your computer to your detriment.truenorth

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
    truenorth    Thank you  for your response.   I thought that I had done that with PC Optimizer Pro.    I'll try again.  Thanks again

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
    Stay away from registry cleaners, speed booster or optimizer softwares. Check for removal tools available online such as this one http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-pc-optimizer-pro.html

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
      • Yes
    « Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »
    Thanks Jason; I ran
     http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-pc-optimizer-pro.html
     I let it scan and it came up with over 1000 problems but then it wanted $40 to fix them.  Being the suspicious character that I am I deleted the whole log.   Felt like another optimizer software. 
    Meanwhile another thing has happened to my Internet Explorer.   It will no longer come up with the web sites that i set in "Internet options".  Something cancels out that effort.   I have to go to Chrome or Firefox to even get my email from Yahoo.

Truenorth:  Thanks.   I did as you suggested before i ran 2-spyware.com.     My machine is acting a little better but not much.   Seems like the "screen freezes" are shorter but they still occur.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »
      Think it is time to mossy on over to the virus/malware forum and put yourself in the experts hands over there.truenorth

jim.mar

Topic Starter

Apprentice
        • Yes
      « Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »
      truenorth:  OK thanks,  I agree.  I suspected it was an Internet Explorer problem but I guess it is broader that that.  I guess I have to end this thread first.  Thanks again