Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: long beeping sound occuring  (Read 3068 times)

surya

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    long beeping sound occuring
    « on: January 19, 2013, 12:50:54 PM »
    gud morng sir! In my desktop as i switch on my power button of cpu. A long beeping noice with small interval countinues til i switch of thf cpu. And there is no data in the monitor it stays blank totaly blank.

truenorth

Guru

Re: long beeping sound occuring
      « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
      Please reply with details on the specific make and model of the computer and the operating system on it. Was there anything you did or changed immediately prior to this situation occurring? truenorth

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »
      A long beep at boot is indicative of one of two things:

Either something is pressing on one of the keyboard keys or

A piece of hardware is failing or has failed.

surya

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »
        sir its compaq presario 1931il with 512mb ddr2 ram and 160gb hd. No sir i didnt change anything.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 08:17:41 AM »
          In the event that you do not have the original users manual or detailed information about this computer which was made by HP for the market in India here is a link for it.
          http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&product=3251389
          As Allan has stated this could be a symptom of a hardware component problem To the extent that you feel comfortable doing so you can try a few things yourself to see if you can determine which part is causing the issue. You can remove all the RAM modules (though if you only have the original 512MB it may all be on one module) then put them in one at a time to see if you can get the computer to run. If you only have one then you will need to borrow or purchase  a RAM module to replace it--with no guaranty that that is the problem.Your video card may also be failing. The hard-drive could have failed. If you feel you are able you can remove the HDD and temporarily connect it to another computer to see if it is recognized.You don't need to actually install it into the other computer only connect it properly via the power and data cables. You can also ensure that all the cables attaching hardware devices are securely attached. You could also examine the motherboard for any signs of leaking or swollen components. If you elect to do any of this make sure the power connection to the computer is removed and that you touch the cabinet of the computer prior to touching anything inside.truenorth

surya

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »
            i replaced the ram. The sound dissapeared. But the screen stil remained blank.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »
              When you turn on the computer now tell us what lights (front or back of the tower) are seen. With the side of the tower enclosure removed are all the fans running? Are the fans making any different sounds? Can you try your current monitor on another computer? Is the video card part of the motherboard or is it a stand alone video card?truenorth