Microsoft > Windows 8

Windows 8 Downgrade issue

(1/2) > >>

stefun999:
I bought an Asus K55 and wish to downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7 with a windows 7 Home Premium upgrade disk. I went through the installation process, but upon reboot, I get a screen telling me that a driver was corrupted, or something of that manner. Upon attempting to install it again, I notice that on the first screen of Operating System installation, after choosing a custom install, and choosing the partition to install to, I notice that after choosing the proper partition, I get an error saying that the disk order installation is incorrect for the GPT. It also gives me error code 0x8003002 which I have not been able to find any relevant to online.

On the error screen that comes up when the computer restarts in the middle of windows 7 installation says:

A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damage, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

Of you have a windows installation disc, insert the disc and restart your computer. Click Repair your Computer," and then choose recovery tool.

Otherwise, to start windows so you can investigate further, press the ENTER key to display the boot menu, press F8 for Advanced Boot Options, and select Last Known Good. If you understand why the digital signature cannot be verified and want to start windows without this file, temporarily disable driver signature enforcement.

File: \$WINDOWS.~BT\Windows\system32\winload.efi

Info: The digital signature for this file couldn't be verified.

That's all the information I have for this issue that I know to be relevant. If you can help me, I thank you very much.

Geek-9pm:
Have you already done the research on this?
http://www.bing.com/search?q=downgrade+windows+8&form=MOZSBR&pc=MOZI
As y0u see, there is too much information about downgrade.

Can you indicate winch method you are using? Do you have an image of your system before you tried the downgrade? If so, you may have to restore and try again.

Salmon Trout:
I wonder if a Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade disk is the right medium to use on a Windows 8 system?

patio:
Some netbooks lately are tied to their OS that it's sold with...i'd contact Acer.

The only info i could find on this is it will take Win7...but it needs to be the Ultimate ver.

stefun999:
Please delete this as resolved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version