Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is there batterie driver or software for bios Batterie output only good for hour  (Read 3940 times)

youtubemaker30

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Is there battery update or driver or software for bios. I bought a new battery and its output when fully charged is only good for one hour. My computer is a Hp Dv5000 laptop. Using windows XP.

truenorth

Guru

Well the HPdv5000 apparently comes in quite a few flavors and variances of battery life do occur within the group. However my research for you tends to indicate that your experience re one hour is abnormally small.2.5-3 hours is stated on the 6 cell 10.xx V battery.If the battery you have is a 12 cell then you should get upwards of 5 hours.Now as you may well know depending on the processes being used that can have a substantial effect on battery life IE: writing an e-mail versus playing a game.If the battery has just been purchased you might be wise to return it for a replacement if you can. Hopefully you purchased it from some source other than HP as it seems to be impossible for dissatisfied customers to ever get HP to replace a battery. Hopefully to help you optimize a laptop battery's life for the future here is a link on how to maximize laptop battery life.
      http://www.udtek.com/blog/2010/01/hp-pavilion-dv5000-battery/
      truenorth